We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO of Southern Rockland County and SERVPRO of Eastern Rockland County is Here to Help during this time of need. During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards. Specialized Training. We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis. The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
Specialized Products. The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Southern Rockland County and SERVPRO of Eastern Rockland County, 845-753-3730 and 845-634-1660.
SERVPRO Bio-hazard, Vandalism and Crime Scene Cleanup and Restoration
Contaminated/Bio-hazard material on the hallway floor.
Recognized as a leading fire, water, mold cleanup and restoration provider by insurance companies, property managers, home and business owners, SERVPRO of Southern Rockland also offers fast, reliable bio-hazard and crime scene cleanup and restoration services.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers and owners. A failure to properly handle and safely remove such hazardous substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments. SERVPRO Southern Rockland is trained to safely and effectively remove bio-hazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA and state and local health regulations. Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, SERVPRO Southern Rockland help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and offices.
SERVPRO Southern Rockland can help with:
- Blood-borne Pathogens
- Crime Scene Residues
- Sewage Backup
- Black Water Intrusions
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
Blood-borne Pathogens: SERVPRO Southern Rockland can remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Our trained technicians thoroughly clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
Crime Scene Residue: From fingerprints powder and evidence-gathering chemicals to tear gas and pepper spray residues, SERVPRO Service Technicians can clean and restore your property and contents.
Arson and Vandalism: General cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods and waste.
Sewage Backup: Sewage backups and black water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly situations-the damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. SERVPRO Southern Rockland technicians remove the sewage, contaminants and moisture, disinfecting as they clean. We help ensure the structure is properly cleaned, disinfected and deodorized to eliminate any secondary damages.
Here are some Helpful Do's and Don'ts for handling Vandalism Damages.
- Hose or wash egg or other residue damage from building exterior as soon as possible.
- Carefully vacuum glass particles from carpets and upholstery.
- Save containers revealing the ingredients of products used in vandalism damage.
- Record all damage and photograph when possible.
- Attempt to remove ink, paint or cosmetic stains.
- Operate damaged lamps or appliances.
- Discard broken or damaged pieces from porcelain, furniture, or other contents that may be used for repair.
CALL SERVPRO Southern Rockland 845-753-3730
Mold From the Ordinary to the Unhealthy
Mold spores cover interior basement wall.
Service Technicians at SERVPRO of Eastern Rockland County work hard to control and remove contaminants while protecting the health and safety of our clients and building occupants.
From the Ordinary: Fungi and mold naturally occur in our environment. In fact, over 100,000 kinds of fungi have been identified. Fungi produce some very useful results. Yeast is a type of fungi used in preparing breads, baked goods and other food products. An edible mushroom is simply a type of fungi, and lifesaving penicillin is a product of mold.
To The Unhealthy: Intrusion of water into your home or business can result in mold growth because the moisture levels inside are out of balance. Water intrusions and excessive moisture levels can result from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failures, long standing leaks, and poor humidity control. When these problems are not addressed immediately the resulting damage can present increased risk of harmful mold growth. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not promptly returned to normal, mold spores may grow and multiply. Organic materials found inside buildings such as wood, paper, drywall, and insulation provide a food sources for mold to flourish. Excessive mold growth can lead to indoor environmental conditions that can potentially pose a health threat.
Health Concerns: Health concerns may arise from excessive mold growth indoors. Concerns are more likely to arise for "at risk" people, which might include immune suppressed or compromised individuals, young children and individuals with chronic inflammatory lung diseases such as asthma and severe allergies.
SERVPRO of Eastern Rockland County professionals are trained to handle various water and mold issues. Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same.
The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (800) 497-7179
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment (may need to be done by an outside source)
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Don't hesitate to give us a call at 845-634-1660, we are locally owned and operated, to provide the service you expect.
Time is a Precious Commodity: Faster to any Water and Fire Damage Restoration
When you need your water, fire or mold disaster cleaned up right and done fast, call SERVPRO of Southern and Eastern Rockland County for all your commercial cleaning and restoration needs. Because, when you experience a fire, water or mold damage disaster in your business facility, you need fast response and the expertise to get the job done right. Ensuring your Rockland County business can get back into operation as quickly as possible.
Through it all, you expect the most reliable information and the very best service at a fair price. SERVPRO of Southern and Eastern Rockland County is committed to providing our customers with the very best service to reduce business interruptions and recovery costs.
Our SERVPRO of Southern and Eastern Rockland County Service Technicians can provide:
- Over 25 years of experience as a leading fire, water and mold cleanup and restoration provider.
- 24/7 on call emergency service for faster response to your damage disaster. A fast response time helps to ensure the damage is contained and repair costs are lower.
- Large loss capabilities- no fire or water damage is too big. We have commercial grade equipment ready to handle any size disaster.
Quality cleaning and fast response is the SERVPRO of Southern and Eastern Rockland way!
Is Your Home Ready for Winter?
Cold weather can have a huge impact on your home or business if you are not properly prepared. Whether it is heavy rain, freezing temperatures, damaging winds, sleet or snow, all can cause serious damage. While you cannot control weather, you can take steps to be prepared, and help take the sting out of winter weather.
- Check your property for downed tree limbs and branches.
- Roofs, water pipes, and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper working order. Obstructions can lead to roof damage and interior water problems.
- Inspect property for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under cabinets, leave the doors open allowing warm air inside. If you have outdoor faucets, turn off the water at the main valve.
- Ask SERVPRO of Southern and Eastern Rockland County about completing an Emergency READY Profile for your business. The ERP is a no cost assessment of your facility, and provides you with a plan to get back in business fast following a disaster.
At SERVPRO of Southern and Eastern Rockland County we handle more then just water and fire damage
Recognized as a leading fire, water, and mold restoration provider by hundreds of insurance companies, SERVPRO of Southern and Eastern Rockland County also offers fast and reliable mold, biohazard/sewage, vandalism and crime scene cleanup and restoration services. Visit our website to learn more.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers and owners. A failure to properly handle and safely remove such hazardous substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments.
SERVPRO service technicians are trained to safely and effectively remove bio-hazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA and state and local health regulations.
Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, SERVPRO of Rockland County helps turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and offices.
Our services cover the following issues:
- Bloodbourne Pathogens: SERVPRO removes and disposes of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substance resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Technicians clean, disinfect, and deodorize the structure.
- Methamphetamine Labs: Many chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. SERVPRO follows federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
- Crime Scene Residues: Fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals to tear gas and pepper spray residues can be cleaned from surfaces and contents to restore your property.
- Arson and Vandalism: After the fire trucks are gone, your home and belongings likely suffer from not only fire and smoke damage, but also extensive water damage from firefighting efforts. SERVPRO has the specialized fire and water damage cleanup and restoration training and experience to quickly restore your home to pre-fire condition. We also have specific training and equipment for odor removal and deep cleaning of upholstery and carpet.
- Sewage Backups: Water from sewer system backups should be considered very dangerous. The water is grossly unsanitary and may contain bacteria and viruses that could cause serious illness. Special training and equipment is necessary to safely clean this type of contamination. This water is grossly unsanitary and could cause severe illness or death if ingested, and any contact should be avoided. Sources for category 3 water could include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- Black Water Intrusions: This water is grossly unsanitary and could cause severe illness or death if ingested, and any contact should be avoided. Sources for category 3 water could include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation: Mold can produce allergens and irritants and has the potential to cause other health effects. Mold can spread quickly through your home or business in as little as 48 hours. If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property. If mold is found, we have the training, equipment, and expertise for the remediation of your mold infestation.
Trust the professionals at SERVPRO of Southern and Eastern Rockland County 845-753-3730.
It's the Water You Don't See
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time.
The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a serious problem that will affect your property. Our SERVPRO Southern and Eastern Rockland County service technicians have the training and equipment to find and dry unseen water before secondary damage occurs. The proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage and expense during a fire or water damage event.
When time matters, technology and equipment must be counted on to work, here are just a few of the tools our technicians use to do their job and restore your property.
Moisture sensors are used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards and walls.
Moisture Meters are used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. The moisture tester provides accurate reading, allowing technicians to monitor the drying process.
Thermohygrometers measure temperature and relative humidity. When armed with this information, technicians can calculate and create an environment most conducive to drying. When facing a contaminated water loss, it is not only important to dry the structure, but also to disinfect and deodorize.
Ultra Low-Volume Foggers will atomize liquid deodorizing agents, producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor-causing residues may accumulate. This device can also be used to inject fungicides and disinfectants into wall cavities and other hard to reach areas.
Thermal Foggers dispense solvent-based products by creating a dense fog. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that attach to and neutralize odor causing particles.
These are just a few pieces of the professional grade equipment that each SERVPRO technician is trained to use to help ensure your property is completely restored.
Halt Winter Heating Hazards
Did you know? 50% of all residential heating-related fires are reported during the months of December, January and February.
Keep the following safety tips in mind to help reduce your risk of a heating-related fire in your Rockland County home or business.
- Keep anything flammable at least three feet away from heating equipment., like the furnace, fireplace, wood stove, or a portable space heater. Have a three foot "kid free" zone around open fires and space heaters.
- Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room. Ashes should be cool before putting them in a metal container a safe distance away from your home.
- Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed.
- Always use the right kind of fuel, specified by the manufacturer, for fuel burning space heaters.
- Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional.
- Have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment, water heaters or central heating equipment according to the local codes and manufacturer's instructions.
- Test smoke alarms monthly.
If your Rockland County property does suffer fire damage in your home or business, contact SERVPRO of Southern and Eastern Rockland County to help make it "Like it never even happened."
Storm Damage: Being Flood Smart
Flooding can happen fast even in the winter months. Just because you haven't experienced a flood doesn't mean you won't in the future. In fact, 20% of all claims paid by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) were for policies in low-risk communities.
The American Red Cross recommends having the following list of items packed and ready to go in the event of an emergency or evacuation due to flooding.
- Water-3+ day supply; one gallon per day per person
- Food-3+day supply of non-perishable, easy to prepare food
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio, if possible)
- Extra batteries (all sizes)
- First Aid Kit
- Medications (7 day supply) and medical items (hearing aids, glasses, contacts, syringes, canes)
- Multi-purpose tool, supplies to secure your home
- Personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents (medication lists, deed/lease to home, insurance policies, birth certificates)
- Cell phone with chargers
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash
- Baby supplies, pet supplies
- Extra car and house keys
- Extra clothing for both warm, cold and rainy weather-sturdy footwear
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Camera for photos of damage
Being safe should be your first priority, minimizing the impact of a flood or storm damage to your property is also important. At SERVPRO of Southern and Eastern Rockland County we are here to help and can handle any water disaster left after the flood. Visit our Flood Tips page to learn more.
Fire Safety: Every Second Counts
Every second counts during a fire. Fire experts agree; people have as little as two minutes to escape a burning home or work space. It is critical to be prepared and have an escape plan in place.
Once the plan is developed, it is critical everyone in the home or office understands the plan. The best way to do this is to discuss and practice the plan at least twice a year.
The following are a suggestions to help you develop an emergency escape plan:
- Draw a map of each level of your home or business and show all the doors and windows. Find two ways to get out of each room. Make sure all doors and windows that lead to outside open easily.
- Consider escape ladders for sleeping areas on the second floor. Only purchase collapsible escape ladders evaluated by a recognized testing laoratory.
- Choose an outside meeting place a safe distance from the home or business where everyone can meet. Make sure to mark this location on the map.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you annot help them.
Here are some Fire Prevention tips:
- Install smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in your home and test them monthly.
- Don't Wait, Check the Date-Replace smoke alarms every 10 years.
- Store matches and Lighters safely, mainly out of the reach of children. Also, make sure you store them in locations where combustion or exposure to flames might be an issue.
- Practice proper cooking safety. Don't leave cooking food unattended, have a working fire extinguisher in the kitchen, keep children and pets away from the kitchen while cooking.
- Be careful with all open flames, never leave them unattended.
- Generators should always be used outside the home. Carbon monoxide poisoning can occur when a generator is not working or vented properly.
The key is to reduce risks by practicing fire safety in your home and business, while there are no guarantees taking these steps will help prevent fires and keep your property, family or coworkers safe.
Read our Fire Damage restoration services page to learn more.