Water Damage Restoration Be Carried Out Promptly in Pearl River Homes?
Time Lost in Seeking SERVPRO's Help in Water Damage Restoration of Your Pearl River Home Can Prove Costly
Burst pipes, ceiling leaks, or basement flooding, whatever be the cause, water damage restoration should be your immediate priority after a water incident at your Pearl River home. SERVPRO technicians can prevent the damage from getting worse if they can start the restoration process as soon as possible after the incident.
SERVPRO's technicians begin the water damage restoration of your Pearl River home by extracting any standing water. However, hidden water can continue damaging your property even after the standing water is removed. Water can enter into materials in two primary ways-
- by absorption of water directly in contact with the surface
- by absorption of excess moisture in the air
Knowledge of the mechanical process of moisture movement might help you better understand how SERVPRO restores water-damaged homes in the Pearl River area.
Why Some Water Cleanups Take More Time Than Others in Pearl River?
The time required to dry the structure depends on how moisture moves in and out of the material. Mold can develop if this dampness is not soon removed from organic materials. Some of the mechanical processes of moisture movement include-
- Liquid Flow- Water moves in liquid form into the structural components after ceiling leaks and broken pipes or whenever there is standing water. Such movement stops once SERVPRO techs remove the water.
- Air Movement- Water in the vapor form can enter the structure with moist air through cracks and small openings. SERVPRO techs control humidity to prevent such kind of movement.
- Capillary suction- The movement of liquid water through small pores in a porous material such as wood and fabric occurs by capillary suction. Drying such materials can take time.
Call SERVPRO of Southern Rockland County at (845) 400-4888 for reliable water damage restoration.