Is Your Home Winter READY?
Did You Know? We Cleanup Water damage caused by storms. Cold weather can have a huge impact on your home or business if you are not properly prepared. Whether it is heavy rains, freezing temperatures, sleet or snow, all can cause serious and costly property damage. Take steps to be prepared and help take the sting out of the winter blues.
- After winter storms check your property for downed tree limbs.
- Roofs, water pipes and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper order. Gutters should be clear of debris and directed away from buildings.
- Inspect property for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairs, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post cautions signs.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temps fall below freezing. If pipes are under cabinets, leave the cabinet doors open.
- Consider turning outdoor faucets off at the main valve. Once shut remember to drain the outdoor faucet.
When winter weather strikes and causes a disaster, call SERVPRO of Southern Rockland County to strike back!