Is Your Rockland County Home Ready For Winter Weather?
With temps getting colder, here are some tips to avoid frozen pipes:
On The Inside:
- If you will be away from home for days at a time, make sure that all of your pipes are kept warm, especially in spaces that receive little or no heat.
- If any pipes will stay exposed to freezing temperatures, open up one faucet with a very small drip to keep water moving through the pipes.
On The Outside:
Protect your pipes as you would protect your plants.
- Cover up your outside faucets with foam or towels to insulate them. Especially if you plan to be away from home this winter, remember to leave your contact information with a neighbor.
- You might consider giving them a key to your home, too, and leaving your preferred plumber's contact information behind should an emergency occur.
- If your pipes burst and your home has water damage call SERVPRO of Southern Rockland County. (845) 400-4888.