Fire & Smoke Damage: Top 3 Do's and Don'ts
- Limit Movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linins on rugs, upolstery and carpet traffic areas.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO.
- Attempt to clean electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water withour first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.